Who do I contact with questions about my stock?

Registered holders with questions about account statements, account name changes, dividend payments, lost stock certificates, etc. should contact our transfer agent:American Stock Transfer & Trust Company
Attn: Shareholder Services
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
Web site: www.amstock.com
Toll-free Telephone:  866-627-2644
Email: info@amstock.com

Beneficial holders (shares held through a brokerage account) should contact their broker on all administrative matters.

Can I purchase shares directly from National Retail Properties?

Our Direct Stock Purchase Plan allows the purchase of shares directly from our plan administrator, American Stock Transfer & Trust.  Click here to view our DSPP prospectus.

When are dividends declared and paid?

Our common and preferred stock dividends are declared and paid quarterly.  Historically, our common stock dividends have typically been declared on or about the 15th of January, April, July and October and typically paid on or about the 15th of February, May, August and November. Our preferred dividends (currently Series E) have historically been declared on or about the 15th of February, May, August and November and typically paid on or about the 15th of March, June, September and December.

How can I reinvest my dividends?

There are two ways to enroll in the Dividend Reinvestment plan.  Registered holders may join the plan by completing and signing an authorization form and returning it to the plan administrator, or by following the enrollment procedures specified on the administrator’s website at www.amstock.com.Beneficial holders who wish to join the plan must instruct their broker, bank or other nominee to arrange participation in the plan on the beneficial holder’s behalf.  The broker, bank or other nominee should then make arrangements with its securities depository and the securities depository will provide the plan administrator with the information necessary to allow the beneficial holder to participate in the plan.

To facilitate participation by beneficial holders, we have made arrangements with the plan administrator to reinvest dividends and accept optional cash payments under the stock purchase program by record holders such as brokers, banks and other nominees, on behalf of beneficial holders.  If you are an interested beneficial holder, be sure that your broker, bank or other nominee passes along the proceeds of any applicable discount to your account.

Alternatively, a beneficial holder may simply request that number of shares the beneficial holder wishes to be enrolled in the plan be re-registered by the broker, bank or other nominee in the beneficial holder’s own name as a record holder in order to participate directly in the plan.

Here is a link to the full prospectus in a PDF format that has a detailed Q&A section dedicated solely to the plan.

The enrollment form, if you choose to set up a registered record holder account, is on pages 61-62 of the PDF.

What is a net lease and why is that your preferred method of leasing properties to tenants?

A net lease requires the tenant of a property to bear many of the costs associated with the property.  Such costs would typically include real estate taxes, maintenance, insurance and utilities. Many times our properties are leased on a triple net lease basis.  Our New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol is “NNN” because this is the real estate industry moniker for triple net lease.  We strongly believe that using net leases provide increased stability to our rental revenue over the long term because we’re insulated against increases in these property operating costs.

What happens when a tenant goes bankrupt and closes a store?

Bankruptcy by a tenant does not necessarily mean loss of rent or vacancy.  Tenants in bankruptcy must reject a lease before they can stop making rent payments.  We have had a few cases of retailers filing for bankruptcy and never missing a rent payment to us during their reorganization process.  If they do reject the lease, they must vacate the property and we can then seek to re-lease the property to another user.